Approved Projects (RTIP)
Projects approved for funding by the RTC are included in the Santa Cruz County Regional Transportation Improvement Program (RTIP). The RTIP identifies projects programmed to receive various state and federal funds, amends information on previously programmed projects, and acts as Santa Cruz County’s proposal to the California Transportation Commission (CTC) for programming State Transportation Improvement Program (STIP) funds.
- 2014 RTIP: Adopted on December 5, 2013.
- 2012 RTIP Project List (active projects as amended by the RTC through February 2013)
2014 RTIP Adopted December 5, 2013 – $14 million approved for projects
The RTC adopted the 2014 RTIP following a public hearing at its December 5, 2013 meeting, selecting 26 projects to receive over $14 million in State Transportation Improvement Program (STIP), Regional Surface Transportation Program (RSTP), and Monterey Bay Sanctuary Scenic Trail funds. Visit Grant Programs for information on the 2014 RTIP development.
Regional Surface Transportation Program (RSTP) (Approved February 7, 2013)
Following a public hearing, the RTC programmed $5.3 million of the region’s shares of Regional Surface Transportation Program (RSTP) funds to 16 projects on February 7, 2013.
- Approved Projects
- Staff report (Item 22 in the 2/7/13 agenda packet)
- News Release on public hearing
- Staff and RTC Advisory Committee Recommendations
- Project Summaries
2012 RTIP Adopted and Approved by State (December 2011/March 2012)
The RTC adopted the 2012 RTIP at its December 1, 2011 meeting, selecting projects to receive $8.9 million in State Transportation Improvement Program (STIP) and $1.4 million in Regional Surface Transportation Program (RSTP) funds. The CTC approved the new STIP projects at its meeting on March 29, 2012 (News Release). The RTC amended the RTIP on May 3, 2012 to match CTC actions on STIP-funded projects and update information on several other projects.
- Approved Projects (12/1/11)
- The 2012 RTIP (as proposed to the CTC December 2011, see amended project list below)
- Maps and Project List for 2012 RTIP projects (as amended through February 2013)
The RTIP project list is amended periodically to reflect actions taken by the CTC, RTC, and project sponsors.
Projects Selected to Receive Over $11 million in Transportation Funds (June 2009)
Following a public hearing in Watsonville on June 4, 2009, the Regional Transportation Commission (RTC) selected transportation projects to receive over $11 million in federal funds, including economic stimulus funds from the American Reinvestment and Recovery Act (ARRA).
- Approved projects (6/4/09)
Economic Stimulus Funds (2009)
At its February 5, 2009 and June 4, 2009 meetings, the RTC selected projects to receive $12.1 million in funds from the “highway” portion of the federal economic stimulus bill – the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA). In October 2009 and spring 2010, additional changes were made to the project list, primarily resulting from cost savings on projects constructed over the summer.
Federal Transportation Improvement Program (FTIP)
Federally-funded transportation projects, including those projects approved for funding by agencies other than the RTC, are included in the Federal Transportation Improvement Program (FTIP). The FTIP for the Monterey Bay Area is prepared by the Association of Monterey Bay Area Governments (AMBAG) and is called the Monterey Bay Metropolitan Transportation Improvement Program (MTIP).
The Monterey Bay MTIP is the region’s (Monterey, Santa Cruz and San Benito counties) short range transportation programming document that contains transportation improvement projects including public mass transit, highway, local road, bicycle and pedestrian projects proposed for funding based on anticipated available federal, state and local funding over the next four years (FY 2010-11 to 2013-14).
- Overview of Transportation Funding in California
- Metropolitan Transportation Improvement Program (MTIP) – Federal Programming Document Prepared by AMBAG
- State Transportation Improvement Program (STIP) – Prepared by the California Transportation Commission
- Caltrans Division of Transportation Programming – Information on STIP, Proposition 1B, TCRP, and other Funding Programs
- Caltrans Local Assistance – Information on grant opportunities and implementing local transportation projects
Senior Transportation Planner