Data & Statistics
A summary of transportation information collected by the RTC and other agencies is included in the Transportation Monitoring Report and Regional Transportation Plan.
Traffic Counts – How many cars travel on roads in Santa Cruz County?
The RTC counts how many vehicles are on various roads in Santa Cruz County. Check out the historical summary of average daily traffic volumes.
Transportation Monitoring Report:
A summary of transportation statistics for the region. This report was most recently produced to reflect data from 2006. In some instances, more recent data is available in the 2010 RTP.
Follow the links below to view the report and appendices.
- 2006 Transportation Monitoring Report
- Appendix A: Average Daily Traffic Maps
- Appendix B: Average Daily Traffic Count Tables
- Appendix C: Daily and Hourly Traffic Variation
- Appendix D: County Screenline Data
- Appendix E: Vehicle Occupancy and Truck Counts
- Appendix F: Highway 1 Traffic Studies
- Traffic Volume Shift on Arterials Vs. Highway 1
- Measures of Effectiveness for Existing and Future Northbound AM Peak
- Measures of Effectiveness for Existing and Future Southbound AM Peak
- Measures of Effectiveness for Existing and Future Northbound PM Peak
- Measures of Effectiveness for Existing and Future Southbound PM Peak
- Appendix G: Average Daily Truck Miles
- Appendix H: County Commute Patterns
- Appendix I: Traffic Accident Data
- Appendix J: Air Pollution Data
- Appendix K: Call Box Usage
- Appendix L: SCMTD Operating Statistics
- Appendix M: Pedestrian Access Report Results
Senior Transportation Planner